Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá Empty Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá

Post by 8DonCo Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:36 pm

TOKYO, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Japanese retail giant Seven & i Holdings (3382.T, opens new tab said on Friday it had turned down Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard's (ATD.TO), opens new tab $38.5 billion cash bid, rejecting an offer that would be the largest-ever foreign buyout of a Japanese company.

7-Eleven operator Seven & i said the takeover proposal was not in the best interest of shareholders and was likely to face significant antitrust challenges in the U.S., where the combined company would be the convenience store industry's biggest by a considerable margin.

Seven & i, which said last month it had received an offer from Circle-K owner Couche-Tard without naming the price, disclosed the bid was at $14.86 a share and said it was open to "sincerely consider" any proposals.
But it would "resist any proposal that deprives our shareholders of the company's intrinsic value that fails to specifically address very real regulatory concerns," Seven & i said in a letter addressed to Couche-Tard.

"We do not believe, for several critical reasons, that the proposal you have put forward provides a basis for us to engage in substantive discussions regarding a potential transaction," said the letter sent from Stephen Dacus, the chair of the Seven & i special committee of independent directors that was formed to consider the offer.
Couche-Tard did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters. Its incoming CEO Alex Miller said on a post-earnings call on Thursday that Couche-Tard was confident in its ability to finance and complete the deal.

Seven & i shares swung between gains and losses before closing 1.43% lower at 2,133.5 yen ($14.99) on Friday, slightly above the value of the $14.86 per share proposal. The stock traded at 1,761 yen ($12.29) before Couche-Tard's approach was announced on Aug. 19.
Couche-Tard shares have fallen about 8% since its proposal to Seven & i was made public.
The Japanese company said if Couche-Tard was to increase the value of the offer "very significantly" it would still be concerned over whether a takeover would be able to progress.

"Your proposal does not adequately acknowledge the multiple and significant challenges such a transaction would face from U.S. competition law enforcement agencies in the current regulatory environment and provides no certainty to closing," Dacus said in the letter.

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá Empty Re: Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá

Post by hoàng tử lưng gù Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:40 pm

8DonCo wrote:TOKYO, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Japanese retail giant Seven & i Holdings (3382.T, opens new tab said on Friday it had turned down Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard's (ATD.TO), opens new tab $38.5 billion cash bid, rejecting an offer that would be the largest-ever foreign buyout of a Japanese company.

7-Eleven operator Seven & i said the takeover proposal was not in the best interest of shareholders and was likely to face significant antitrust challenges in the U.S., where the combined company would be the convenience store industry's biggest by a considerable margin.

Seven & i, which said last month it had received an offer from Circle-K owner Couche-Tard without naming the price, disclosed the bid was at $14.86 a share and said it was open to "sincerely consider" any proposals.
But it would "resist any proposal that deprives our shareholders of the company's intrinsic value that fails to specifically address very real regulatory concerns," Seven & i said in a letter addressed to Couche-Tard.

"We do not believe, for several critical reasons, that the proposal you have put forward provides a basis for us to engage in substantive discussions regarding a potential transaction," said the letter sent from Stephen Dacus, the chair of the Seven & i special committee of independent directors that was formed to consider the offer.
Couche-Tard did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters. Its incoming CEO Alex Miller said on a post-earnings call on Thursday that Couche-Tard was confident in its ability to finance and complete the deal.

Seven & i shares swung between gains and losses before closing 1.43% lower at 2,133.5 yen ($14.99) on Friday, slightly above the value of the $14.86 per share proposal. The stock traded at 1,761 yen ($12.29) before Couche-Tard's approach was announced on Aug. 19.
Couche-Tard shares have fallen about 8% since its proposal to Seven & i was made public.
The Japanese company said if Couche-Tard was to increase the value of the offer "very significantly" it would still be concerned over whether a takeover would be able to progress.

"Your proposal does not adequately acknowledge the multiple and significant challenges such a transaction would face from U.S. competition law enforcement agencies in the current regulatory environment and provides no certainty to closing," Dacus said in the letter.

Nếu so sánh giá trị giữa 7 Eleven với Circle-K thì giá họ offer thấp thiệt chớ anh 8.
hoàng tử lưng gù

hoàng tử lưng gù

Back to top Go down

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá Empty Re: Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá

Post by TuTu Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:58 pm

Không biết Ace thấy sao chứ giờ vô Circle K thích hơn Seven-eleven nhiều .

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:08 pm

7-11 chủ yếu là ở Nhật và Thái Lan, trên nẽo đường đât nước , everywhere

Deal 7-Eleven = 38.5 Tỷ , chê thấp quá JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by hoàng tử lưng gù Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:53 pm

8DonCo wrote:7-11 chủ yếu là ở Nhật và Thái Lan, trên nẽo đường đât nước , everywhere

Không đúng đó anh 8. Số lượng cửa hàng 7 eleven nhiều hơn Circle&K, foundation lâu năm, và có nền tãng vững chắc hơn. Circle&K hiện giờ chẳng qua là có nhiều người bỏ tiền vào và đang nhanh chóng mở rộng ra. Circle&K mua 7 Eleven sẽ giúp Circle tiết kiệm nhiều tiền, thời gian đầu tư rút ngắn, và hiệu quả hơn. Nếu thương vụ này được chấp thuận, cổ phiếu của Circle có thể tặng 40% trong thời gian ngắn. Ở chiều ngược lại, nếu 7 Eleven mua Circle, thì cổ phiếu của 7 Eleven sẽ đi xuống (bởi vì high risk và họ không nhất thiết phải mua Circle).
hoàng tử lưng gù

hoàng tử lưng gù

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top